Your Cart is Currently Empty
ZERO GLUCOMANNAN - AN EFFECTIVE WEIGHT LOSS SUPPLEMENT
Weight loss is not always easy, and long-term success requires dedication and perseverance. Countless supplements and diet plans are marketed as effective weight loss strategies, claiming to make things easier. One of them is called glucomannan, a natural dietary fibre promoted as an effective weight-loss supplement.
WHAT IS GLUCOMANNAN? - Glucomannan is a water-soluble dietary fibre, extracted from the roots of the elephant yam. It has gained considerable attention as a weight loss supplement.
HOW DOES IT AID WEIGHT LOSS? - Glucomannan is a water-soluble dietary fibre. Like other soluble fibres, it’s believed it promotes weight loss in several ways:
- Mixed with water, glucomannan expands and can absorb up to 50 times its weight and contributes to feelings of fullness by taking up space in your stomach and reducing food intake at a subsequent meal.
- It delays stomach emptying, contributing to increased satiety.
- It reduces the absorption of protein and fat.
- It feeds the friendly bacteria in your intestine, which turn it into short-chain fatty acids like butyrate, shown to protect against fat gain in some animal studies. Feeding your gut bacteria may also have other benefits. Some studies have shown a correlation between altered gut bacteria and body weight.
- Glucomannan differs from most other soluble fibres, as it’s exceptionally viscous, making it particularly effective for weight loss.
For weight loss, take a dosage of 1 gram, 3 times per day, before a meal.
OTHER HEALTH BENEFITS - Glucomannan can improve several important heart disease risk factors, including total cholesterol, “bad” LDL cholesterol, triglycerides and fasting blood sugar.
SIDE EFFECTS - Glucomannan is well tolerated and generally considered safe. However, if glucomannan expands before reaching the stomach, it may cause choking or blockage of the throat and oesophagus, the tube that moves food from your mouth to your stomach. To prevent this, it should be washed down with 1–2 glasses of water or another liquid.
Some people may experience mild side effects, such as bloating, flatulence, soft stools or diarrhoea, but these negative effects are uncommon.
Glucomannan can also reduce the absorption of oral medications like sulfonylurea, a diabetes drug. This can be avoided by taking the medication at least four hours after or one hour before ingesting glucomannan.
Our certified organic Glucomannan is available in packets of 100gr (100 serves) for $21.95. SHOP NOW