Your Cart is Currently Empty
ZERO Noodles in rice style, is the perfect substitute for rice on the ketogenic diet. It’s full of fibre, super low in net carbs (because its high in fibre) and tastes absolutely amazing.
𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐒:2 packs ZERO Noodles
2tsp Ghee or Butter
2 large Eggs
2 pinches Himalayan Pink Salt
1 Tb Avocado Oil (or cooking oil of choice)
2 clove Garlic, minced
40g Red Capsicum, chopped into medium dice
50g Broccoli, chopped into small pieces
60g Cherry Tomatoes, halved or quartered
20g Spring Onions, 2cm slices
8tsp Tamari (or Light Soy Sauce)
2tsp Sesame Oil
200g Cooked Chicken (optional)
𝐃𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒:1. Crack the egg into a small bowl and add a pinch of Himalayan pink salt. Use a fork to whisk the egg yolk and whites together. Then place the ghee in a medium sized non-stick frying pan and place on stove over low heat.
2. Pour the egg mixture into the pan and scramble until just cooked then remove from the pan and set aside.
3. Wipe the pan out and set aside till ready to use again.
4. Place the already rinsed ZERO Rice to a medium sized non-stick frying pan and dry-fry (no oil) the rice over low heat for approximately 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. After 5 minutes of dry-frying, add the avocado oil and mix in, then add the broccoli, capsicum, garlic, tamari/soy sauce and chicken (if using) to the konjac rice and continue to pan-fry over low to medium heat, mixing the added ingredients through the rice.
6. After 2 minutes of pan-frying, add the scrambled eggs, cherry tomatoes, spring onions (reserving a few spring onion pieces for garnishing) and sesame oil to the rice mixture. Mix these through gently and pan-fry a further minute until the eggs and tomatoes are warmed through.
7. Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with your reserved spring onion pieces, finely shredded). Enjoy as a side dish with your main meal or eat as a light meal in itself.
8. Tips - Slicing the broccoli into small pieces assists in its even cooking time in relation to the other ingredients. You can omit the chicken to make the dish vegetarian or you can substitute it for other protein sources such as prawns or pork belly slices. This reheats well the next day for an easy lunch.